Friday, October 30, 2009

This is La Luz del Mundo, and Don't You Ever Forget It!

If you drive up US 59 from the  North Loop, you will soon pass a bizarre building on your right. After driving by it hundreds of times commuting to work, I finally had to stop. It is Iglesia La Luz del Mundo. This is it seen from the south:

south view

It basically consists of two buildings--a main building, which as a Greek temple-style front and a huge golden dome beside it, and then another, smaller greek temple-like building off to the southwest of the main building. This is the smaller structure.

small temple

You can see that in front of the smaller temple is a circular colonnade.

circular columns

It is perhaps the most beautiful (and certainly the most mysterious) feature of the whole complex.

The main building is not only deep, but very wide as well, due to two curved wings in front.

collage

The building is fronted by very large marble columns (and is indeed made entirely of marble), topped with a pediment decorated with sculptural elements.

front

So what is this remarkable complex? La Luz del Mundo is a Protestant Christian sect headquartered in Guadalajara, Mexico.

plaque

When I was taking pictures, I got a chance to speak with the young watchman. He told me that the church took five years to build. He offered to let me see the interior, but I wasn't allowed to take pictures there. A shame, because as mindblowing as the outside is, the inside is even moreso.

Even though they clearly spent a fortune on this church, they really should have spent a little more on the sculptures.

frieze

This pediment is inhabited by various Biblical figures, but unlike a Greek pediment, the figures don't have a visual or spatial relationship with each other or with the architecture of the pediment. One thing that so appeals about the finest Greek temples is the unity of compsition. Everything fits together wonderfully and naturally. Here, it is as if the various elements were sculpted separately and then stuck onto the pediment randomly, with no sense of composition.

The front gates feature similarly clumsy sculptures.

angel entrance

La Luz del Mundo is not without controversies. And this building seems clumsy, grandiose, crass, and overpowering. Usually when one sees hispanic Protestant churches, one is struck by their modesty and humility. "Humility" is not a word that can be associated with La Luz del Mundo.

And yet, I like it. For two reasons I like it. First, it pays homage, in its own clunky way, to our classical heritage. And second, it is the attempt of a church to glorify God in the best way they know how. All church buildings used to be grand like this, and much of the greatest art ever made served the purpose of glory to God. Folks used to go to church every Sunday in their very best clothes. Nowadays you'll see people walking into church in t-shirts. I'm not a religious guy, but the idea of saving the very best for God has an ancient appeal. The Greeks did it with the Parthenon, and La Luz del Mundo have done it here.


entering La Luz


(Crossposted on The Great God Pan Is Dead)

Labels: ,

123 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Steffler said...

Great post. I have always wondered about this whenever I drive up to or back from IAH. It usually gets a rise out of out-of-towners, too :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Mr. Kimberly said...

Great pix of an intriguing place. Thanks for visiting and providing the photos.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Robert Boyd said...

Sometimes you just gotta get out of the car and snap a few. There are quite a few totally intriguing yet utterly mysterious architectural objects in Houston. If I ran the Chronicle, I'd have a feature every Sunday called "What's the Story Behind This?", and it would deal with these oddball places. Of course, that's what I attempt to do when I pick a neighborhood and ride on every street--to discover previously unknown pockets of architectural or decorative individuality and extroversion in Houston. Not always successful, but occasionally I strike gold.

Thanks for the kind comments.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Areli said...

Very beautiful photos

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: La Luz Del Mundo is not a protestant Christian sect. The teachings of this church do not resemble those of any protestant churches, nor has it stemmed from any of them either. Its roots are solid on the teachings of Jesus Christ of the New Testament. Everything thins else in your post is accurate though. Nice photos.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a cult, nothing to do with the Bible's teachings. They believe the only way to heaven is through their church and their "Apostle", leader of the church. Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Me".

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful pics of a bueatiful structure,but don't let appearances fool you! "This is La Luz Del Mundo, and Don't You Ever Forget It!" WHAT A JOKE!!! If you have ever been to a part of that church you wouldn't even have to say that.It was the most horrifying experience of my entire life to date. I have faced cancer and looked death in the eye and still it didn't compare to the 7 years I had to endure in that cult. The bible teaches that we should not worship false idols, instead it teaches us worship the Lord. These people are hipocrytes. They worship a man they call the "APOSTLE OF GOD" and they are so brainwashed that they can't see what it is doing to them and their families. They are so poverty stricken because they give all their money to the church and to this man "Samuel Juaquin Flores". While they live with roaches and mice in their homes Samuel has a home in every city near every church. While their children walk around with holes in their shoes and ratty clothes HE walks around in beautiful suits and perfectly manicured hands. I could go on for days about this joke of a church but I'll leave you with this, NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

January 11 2010

1:46 PM  
Blogger tabitha-a. said...

whoever you were that had a horrifying experience you are lying. because if you didnt believe in the servant of god you would have never joined the church. may god have mercy on you.
i am a proud member of the church and we are taught always to live by the teachings of the bible to be good respectable and honorable people. so if you ever want to know more just stop by and visit we love visitors and there are no obligations

4:26 PM  
Blogger Christopher Tarrant said...

Dear tabitha-a,

Your reaction to "Anonymous's" post about their experience is just that their experience.

Why call them a liar?

I am self see the "holy contributions" to either Sameul or his wife asked of from the memebers of LLDM on a weekly basis and unless you, as a memeber of LLDM, belong to one of the more prominate LLDM churches regualr, down to earth, poor congregations see very little of the money.

The real issue, in a nut shell, is that LLDM believes and teaches that there must to be a “Man of God” here on earth for mankind to receive salvation from Jesus Christ this is called the “time for salvation”.

LLDM teaches that with the death of the last original apostle John around the year 100 a.d. approximately 2000 years ago this “time for salvation” ended and the truth of Jesus Christ left mankind, and was hidden way not to return until another “Man of God” or Apostle is revealed to man here on earth.

LLDM teaches that it was not until the year 1926 with the self proclaimed new “man of God” Aaron Flores, who is the father of the current LLDM leader Samuel Joaquin, declared that the “time for salvation” had returned to the world through him.

AFter Aaron's death (cause of death unknown!) his youngest son Samuel took over and declared himself the new “Man of God” and even gave himself the title of Apostle so that the “time for salvation” may continue uninterrupted.

This uninterrupted time for salvation is the only reason that LLDM is still in existence to this day because with out a “Man of God” on earth there is no salvation and therefore no reason for LLDM or any other churches at all, because with him there is no salvation.

So to become a member of LLDM you must first believe and declare your faith in not Jesus Christ, but in Samuel Joaquin as your earthly savior and only then would you be allow to be baptized.

LLDM also teaches since Samuel Joaquin is the only true “Man of God” here on earth; if you are not baptized under his authority by one of his authorized pastors (disciples) you will not receive forgiveness for your sins and therefore will not receive salvation from Jesus Christ through Samuel Joaquin.

This is very similar to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church (RCC), and no I am not of the faith of the RCC.

I have a blog site that goes into more detail about LLDM’s doctrines and faith in Samuel Joaquin for salvation.

http://thetruthaboutlldm.blogspot.com/

God’s blessing to all through the Lord Jesus Christ and by His Holy Spirit.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous flor Griselda D Martinez said...

people just open ur brain please..if u dont know about church please dont even speak. first of all LA LUZ DEL MUNDO does not worship the apostle of god..we just honor him so get that straight. 2nd he HAS never asked anyone for money. we give to be blessed as we are. it says in the bible if u honor the one who god has sent to spread my word u will be blessed. so please dont be fake and misjudge the church.

1:31 PM  
Blogger SLB said...

Que Hermoso Templo! Se mira como Dios Bendice a esta Iglesia cada Dia mas, y mas!

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so--take a look at the picture of the plaque that bears the name of the "church" and its leader/CEO. You will notice the size of his name in comparison to that of my dear Lord and God, Jesus Christ. This man is on an ego trip so enormous, he believes he's bigger than Jesus. Shame on this false and corrupt "Apostle" for associating his name with the name of the Almighty. There will be hell to pay....

2:28 AM  
Blogger rita said...

I am a member of La Luz Del Mundo and we are not a cult we arn't ask to do anything we don't want to do. A cult they have control of you and you are obligated to do what you are asked.

No I do not live in a rat hole I have a Beautiful house and have nice clothes my children are good they have everything they want.

You do not know what really goes on we are not asked to give all our money to the church it is to each is own what ever you want to give not more that any other church required with some of this money after many ane many years they have built a college, medical offices, hostpitals and low cost houses for the people that cannot afford to by a house or send there kinds to college. These chldren are there to study and have a chance in life they don't learn religion in there it't like any other college.

They help the community also just not long ago the sent some of there medical staff to help in hati and chile and sent medical supplies during the horrifing earthquakes relief.

A cult cares for there own not for others!

As, for our churches yes they are beautiful but they work together helping the construction workers to build these churches, some of our members are contruction workers, plummers, roofers, etc. etc... but there all out there helping even the women..
The ones who can't help do pot lucks to feed the workers.

The pictures are really great I had seen a few from our website but yours are incredible and breath taking.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Robert Boyd said...

Rita: Thank you for your kind comment. I don't have an opinion about the controversy expressed in these comments because I don't know enough about the internal workings of the church. However, I welcome anyone who wishes to comment on it to do so, as long as all commenters remain civil and polite. Whatever your opinion of this church as an institution, one must admit that it is a striking and memorable piece of architecture in a city otherwise full of rather boring architecture.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to rita's comment "A cult cares for there own not for others!"

That's hardly true. The Mormon church is also a cult, but Mormons are some of the nicest, most caring people in the world. Sad to say, but if your car broke down on the side of the road - it would probably be a Mormon who stops to help you.

Being a nice person who cares for others doesn't have any reflection on whether someone's beliefs are true.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Dina said...

I must agree, The houston temple is a beauty! You did a wonderful job on the pictures, great angles and very good camera quality. However, I find it very outraging how people find every opportunity they can to try and "speak badly" about this church. It is quite interesting that some of these individuals say that they were members of the church.. First off, if they we're really members, they would KNOW, we do no worship a man, or give him or the church "all our money".. That is one of the most foolish comments I have ever heard. All worship belongs to god, there is a difference between worship & honor. And yes there are many members of the church who live in poverty, Of course! There are members around the whole world!.. It is obvious that a member who lives in the United States will have more economically than a member who lives in Hiati; thus United States members gather money every year for fellow members who are in need in other countries, so if you don't know the facts, why speak? You we're never a true member of the church if do not know that we do not give "ALL OUR MONEY" are you kidding me? We have bills to pay, all offerings are made voluntarily so who are you to tell someone what to do with their money? The plaque mentioned in one of the comments was made by members of the houston church, so NO, the leader of the church had nothing to do with the largeness of the font used, so your the one who should be ashamed for having posted such a futile comment. As for the mormon comment.. Yes they are really nice people I have met many personally, but some of them practice polygamy and they are racist, they believe african americans have the "curse of
cain" so if your and african american and your car does break down on the side of the road.. A mormon most likely will NOT stop to help you.
I suggest you don't listen to people who "pretend" they were members/ blog about the church. I am an active member of the church, have been for 19 yrs, since birth, and I invite you to join us at a lldm church nearest you and we will gladly answer questions for anyone and explain our beliefs (:
Robert, Thank you for these wonderful pictures you have taken! The immensity of this temple is truly breathtaking, I think its wonderful that you have captured it on film!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my brothers and sisters in faith... LPDS. i feel happy to see that I'm not the only one defending the TRUE Apostale of God... WE as true beleivers of His doctrine know that He is the ONLY ONE that can give us salvation because Jesus lives in him and we are SURE that he was sent from GOD... as to the other posts acussing him all I'm going to say is that may God have mercy on your soul. You DO NOT know what you're talking about... it's a REAL shame that you were in church for 7 years and thought like that... in my opinion YOU are the hypocrite... and please get your facts straight... we DO NOT worship... we HONOR and we're not the only ones who do it. Even the gentiles can see ALL His hard work and effort he has done to help the community... "the greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about"

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not a Church..but a cult..cults followers are always nice caring people so they can recruit more followers..true cults have a leader who proclaims no salvation but through them..is that not true about la luz del mundo..also there are plenty of ex luz members who allege sexual abuse and torture from none other than samuel himself...such cases have not been proven false..look into the story of Moises Padilla and his sister Magdelena Padilla..both are sick storys..just as you find in the mormon church...I have been doing a lot of investigating on this so called church as i never heard of it before i moved to mexico(thank the Lord)...i believe in freedom of religon but not at the sacrafice of innocents.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "church" La Luz Del Mundo is not a cult,if you dont belive that then maybe you need to go on your own to see and here about it. We don't worship a man but we do honor the Apostol of God. Yes we belive there must be a man of God for a church to be the church of God 1st Corinthians 12:28; Why is it that there is the need of an Apostol? Answer is in Mathew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. We belive that the Apostol of God is Brother Samuel J Flores. You need faith to belive and you get faith by hearing the word of God. Before you comment about any church, go and talk to someone there to understand them. Listen to what they say and what they belive. The Apostol of God teaches us to love God and his son Jesuscrist over anything and anyone. Jesuscrist teaches us to love and honor those who he has sent and already honored.

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luz del Mundo has a history of lawsuits alleging sexual abuse of minors by their apostle, who is the son of the original founder. He is a fabulously wealthy man. Marriages are all arranged and the couples don't meet until they are married. The lawsuits state that the children of such unions belong to the apostle and are called into his personal service when he wants. The buildings are works of art. The designs are magnificent and a lot of thought has gone into them. Each temple is symbolic of its locale. I love the architecture. But like any cult, it does sound as if privileges are grossly abused.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous S.L said...

wow its so insane how people can misjudge the church.. for One I'm replying to the person who stated that we live in roaches and mices and how no money.. God has blessed us so much, I'm currently a junior at u of h, and God has never left us with anything.We are not cult and not similar to the catholics.. the catholic live in their ignorance..adoring gods that can't hear, touch, Gods that men built with their own hands..Psalms 115.So those that speak so evil of this church.. be aware that there is a God , a God that isn't made from Men. We believe and honor the Apostol Samuel Joaquin, he never askes for money.. I personally know Apostol Samuel Joaquin, and he has provides..He helps the poor that aren't even members from the church.So please, please be aware of that you say.. This people that talk nonsense are not educated..

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have one in Sunset Park, Brooklyn NY. They are the most annoying cult on earth. They pray three times a week and block the entire neighborhood with all of their cars, so that locals can't park anywhere.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

book of Luke, when jesus says whoever recives this child in my name recives me and if you recive me you recive him that sent me, this shows you that whoever he sends, age is not a matter you have to belive who he is

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are all of you idiots, even giving your opinion on what type of church this is, or why it is or it is not better than another church. Should you not also be compasionate, understanding, love one another and non-judgemental when it comes to speaking about GOD? Don't judge that you shall be judged. To each it's own, all I know is I have only my soul to worry about, not everyone else's. Focus on yourselves first, then write when you become "perfect" as Jesus Christ is. Your pictures are beautiful, I think it's amazing what people can accomplish when they come together in their faith. May GOD Bless All!!!!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[eva]I am a member of this church and first of all i'd like to say beautiful pictures. i see there's a lot of ngative talk about our church. all i have to say is what kind of person takes 7 yrs of their lives and then after so long decides they dont like it. we're not hypocrites and if it sometimes seems like we are well what can i say? just because we go to that church doesnt make us perfect. we're still human like everyone else. yeah we fall into temptation but unlike everyone else we have an APOSTLE of GOD who prays for us each and every day. and about the "moises Padilla" story honestly people. if u are one of the people who believed that you'd be one of the ppl who would believe the devil himself. instead of going with what you THINK we are how about just go to one of our services or talk to one of the members. i'm sorry to be very blunt but this is the one and only church that will get salvation.its not only going to church and being a member. lik i've said w're not perfect and we fall into temptation and we often have ppl that critisize our church and it really bothers me but i'm not going to attack or threaten anybody. sooner or later when Jesus Crist comes for his church and everyone's questions are answered eveyone will know that LLDM is the only right church and that the apostle of God is really a man of God. hopefully it doesnt take you all that long because then it'll be too late. either way i will keep you all in my prayers. May God have mercy on Your souls.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Robert Boyd said...

Thanks to all of you who have commented.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: How u guys know he its a man of God? On the past people may have belive or not on the messengers of God! like Moses but he got the torah or the tablets, David but he got the psalms, Jesus but he born of a virgin and got the evangelious or message. At the present time there are many persons who proclaim they are man of God or profet or apostle or something and claim that the bible speak of them and their followers testified that they are truth. Because God make the followers believe on them or something. But what new word from God this man of God that u follow brings forward?

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous, you say: "Why are all of you idiots, even giving your opinion on what type of church this is, or why it is or it is not better than another church. Should you not also be compasionate, understanding, love one another and non-judgemental when it comes to speaking about GOD? Don't judge that you shall be judged."

Pretty hypocritical thing for you to say after you yourself just called these people "idiots," don't you think?

LLDM is a cult, they do worship Samuel Joaquin and his dad Aaron, and this can be confirmed by simply looking at the worship songs about Samuel & Aaron in the LLDM hymnal.

Members always say "We don't worship him, we just honor him," the same excuse the Catholics use to defend their songs & prayers to Mary and the saints.

They may build beautiful temples in LLDM, but so did Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, and so did Alexander the Great, to worship myths. The "calling" and "election" of Samuel is not Biblical, just another myth.

1:50 PM  
Blogger nabak said...

You could say I'm an ex-member of this religion. I left on my own will, it's just to stringent, why be a hypocrite and seemingly free of so called sin. But I would like to clarify that when when I was there I NEVER worship, adore, the so called apostle, you could be uncomfortable about him, but i still respect him, even if he has committed heresies by some, who cares. I always believe in a monotheist deity in this universe, he should be THE only ONE adored than anything else in this universe, and is up to you if you want to believe in christ or nothing.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that i am a member of La Luz Del Mundo. I am a teacher with a beautiul home and a brand new car. I have been very blessed and i give because i have it in my heart to give not because of obligation. May God bless the Servant of God Samuel Joaquin Flores.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Jassive Carvajal said...

May God be with you all,
Personally, I believe the architecture is spectacular. All La Luz Del Mundo churches are extremely original and beautiful. As for all the people who speak badly about this church.. What do you gain in all the bad talk? Does it make you feel better or help you in any way? I always wonder this about all the people who speak badly illy about any subject. If you don't have anything nice to say how about not saying anything at all?? Another thing, does anyone else notice that all the bad comments are anonymous? Why hide your name? If one hides something it usually makes me not trust them in any matter. This church does so many great things for the community and for people who need help. The devotion to God is grand in so many ways. The temples amaze even the greatest of architects. I know tons of people from this church and they do not live among rats or cockroaches. Nobody I know has been denied any of their wishes. Everyone is free to live their lives and do whatever they want. If the members do something, it is of their own desire, they are never forced. Nothing is greater then loving God and praising him for all the blessings he lays upon us every minute. Also, this blog is on the architecture, not the religious beliefs this church holds. So thank you Robert for these amazing pictures. The church is absolutely beautiful to the human eye. It amazes me how much mankind is capable of and the beauty one can create from scratch. Thank you, and God bless you all. :)

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures her are breathtaking. I cant amagin what they would look like inside.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had the misfortune of being born into the cult. they teach love n forgiveness but my parents havent spoken to me in almost 10 years. yet they still talk to my uncle who sexually abused me n my sisters. samuel joaquin is another tony alamo. if you are in this cult, run and run fast. according to lldm my children will go to hell. his own son had a horrible accident, i dont see him working any miracles for him.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a living member of lldm and have been for 20 yrs and my whole life ive witnessed many miracles from god and from the very first time i saw the servant of god Samuel Jouaquin Flores i felt that he is the one chosen by god. hes never asked us for a penny so its funny to see how you claim to have been a member for 7 yrs your a fake and if you have a sickness and have been living through hell its for denying your belief and speaking bad about a true man of god so i would suggest you keep quiet before you make god angry. for all visitors we keep yall in our prayers and if yall have any questions or concerns our doors are open to anyone who is interested god bless.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mexican self declared apostle? Pendejos pendejos

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Salvador said...

If the apostol of jesus christ has a house almost in every city where there is a church,is because we wanted to buy them just for him. He has never asked for any thing. So ppl please investegate before you say any thing.And for those who say that we worship samuel joaquin please take some time learn the diference between worship and honoring a person.God bless the authentic apostol of jesus christ.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MIEMBROS DE LLDM COMO YA SABEMOS CREER EN EL QUE DIOS HA ENVIADO ES POR FE Y LA OBRA Q DIOS HACE EN CADA UNO DE LOS CORAZONES, COMO TAMBIEN SABEMOS Q AUNQUE LOS EXTRANOS LO TENGAN CERCA SI NO SON PARA SALVACION JAMAS RECONOCERAN AL QUE DIOS HA ENVIADO,AND AS WE ALREADY KNOW WE SHOULDNT PAY ATTENTION TO THOSE WHO WANT TO TAKE AWAY OUR CONVICTION WE KNOW WHO HE IS AND WHO SEND HIM AND THATS WHAT REALLY MATTERS ...... AND AS THE BIBLE SAYS Y A UNOS LOS LLAMO APOSTOLES A OTROS PROFRETAS SIENDO LA PRICIPARL PIEDRA JESUCRISTO MISMO... SHAME ON PEOPLE THAT JUST WANTS TO CRITIZES WHEN THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT R THEY TALKING ABOUT BUT GOD BLESS U ALL AND GOD HAVE MERCY OF ALL......... I IVITE EVERY ONE TO READ THE BIBBLE AND LOOK FOR THE CHARACTERISTICS OF JESUS CHRIST CHURCH

3:01 AM  
Blogger C. Munoz said...

May The Peace Of God Be With All. I am a member of "LA LUZ DEL MUNDO." First of All I cant explain the Great and Glorias feeling it is to be part of this church.

Yes, there are Many negative comments against LLDM. We know it can be for many reasons, lack of Faith, Lack of asking the right questions. But like we have been taught by Jesus Christ in His Apostol, we have not been put on this earth to judge. Of course reading the negative comments have brought a Sadness to my Heart. For the Faith I have is Grand. Like when Jesus was on earth, many betrayed him, his own betrayed him. but lets bring in remembrance his words of Love, even thou they tortured his body, they mocked him, put a crown of thorns, Nailed his flesh to a wooded Cross, as his Blood ran down the Cross, what did he mention? " Father, Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

As True members of LLDM all we have to say is, " Father, forgive them, for they know not what they say."

I can write SO Many things in anger towards the negativity that i have read. But I am going to pray for all those who attack Thee TRUE APOSTOL OF GOD. He is Not in Need of Us. But as Jesus, He Had Love and Compassion for our Souls. May God Give Him Strength. Let not that day arrive that we mention, like those who mocked him and crucified Jesus AFTER he DIED, "TRULY THIS WAS THE SON OF GOD"

Because then it will be to LATE. Keep your Heart open for those who do not believe. There is a Righteous path on this earth. But like its mentioned in the Holy Bible, Its not for all.

I can say with Certainly I want to be SAVED. I had left the path of this church for about 2years. It was THE BIGGEST MISTAKE i ever did. I thank GOD he spared my life to return to THIS RIGHTEOUS PATH.
(FACT: LLDM does not Force or Brainwash, its a Voluntary Choice to be part of THIS GRAND GLORIOUS CHURCH! I returned not because i was forced. i feel Peace and Love and belonging to this church brings to my Heart the urge to do the right thing in ALL aspects of my life. You Cannot Imagine the Desire in My Heart to want to Transmitt this GLORIOUS!! GLORIOUS FEELING!!! All I can say, Its Unexplainable.

May the Peace Of God Be With You All and Your Families.

C. Munoz Frm National City CA.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said before, there will be hell to pay for anyone presuming to be above the Lord Jesus Christ in worship. These people lie that they don't worship him because they are too brainwashed to think on their own. Their own hymns declare this and in one particular hymn they call him and "angel of God". Now their "angel" just realized he IS man, not a heavenly being, and the insiders are desperately trying to cover up the gravity of his disease because they don't know how to explain this to his blind sheep. Just look at the youtube videos showing the ridiculous worship that goes on there. It is disgusting!

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...after reading all of the posts I myself would like to comment. Being practically born in this religeon and after many, many years of service in it, I decided to stop attending. You ask why? Well I'm gay and according to the beliefs of this church, homosexuality is a sin according to the bible. But here is my question, who wrote the bible? Apparently it is the understanding and belief of the prophet, apostle, what have you, and THEIR belief. If being gay is a sin, why did God let me live? Is my homosexuality my cross to bare throughout my whole life? If God is full of love, why did he create this "cross" for me? Being in church and hearing the pastors, speakers tell you constantly that you will burn in hell, that you are not going to be saved kind of makes you want to not be there. But all in all, the years I spent going to this church helped me become the man I am today. I respect their beliefs but I need to be respected as well as a human being. Peace out!

10:23 AM  
Blogger cldp2107 said...

If you are a current member of La Luz del Mundo and wish to defend your beliefs. Please do so in an intelligent manner. Your improper use of the English language only reinforces your lack of intellect and discredits your entire opinion. Especially from a member who claims to be a teacher. Utilize this forum and your choice of grammar to demonstrate substance. Also, there is no need to become confrontational or attack someone's point of view by publicly condeming them. Who gives anyone this authority. Remain calm, and carry on. Great pictures by the way! (Which is what this blog was initially intended for... looks like it just open a big can of worms!) :D

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Abrahamlldm said...

My name is Abraham Guevara, and as a member of this church I truly appreciate the beautiful pictures. I, along with many who worked on this construction are still in awe of what unity can do hand in hand with faith. As of the interior of the temple feel free to visit anytime, prayers are Mon- Sat 5:00 am, 9:00 am, and 6:30pm, and Sunday at 5:00 am, 10:00 am, and service at 5:00 pm,so there is always someone to attend you. If you have any questions we would love to personally give you a tour and explain anything you would like to know, thats why the temple was built in the first place, so that when people would pass they would ask themselves what is this place? We have constructed this beautiful temple for the Honor and the Glory of God, so please we would love to have you as an honored guest. God Bless You all

10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im sorry! But being gay is a big sin! Ur very blind if u think its ok to be with another man..ur many of us have crosses to carry as well. It might be something different but we all do. Its all on us if we wanna do the right thing. You really think that god put us on earth to party,drink,steal, and do all those wrong things that people from the world do?? No!! We gotta sacrifice our material life and our bad temptations to enter the gates of heaven. How conviniet that when someone is dieing, after sining there whole life and not looking for god gets saved when a priest asked then if they believe in jesus! No..its not that easy...us sacrificing our material life is what keeps us pure...keeping ourselfs Clean till jesus comes for us. Now that's what our apostle teaches us...to b good christians and citizens. Because we r the light of the world.. to those that don't know nothing and is judging our apostle!! Yes there will be he'll to pay! To those who speak wrong of Samuel Joaquin flores may god have mercy on ur soul.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not belong to this church however I assisted to one of their services and for me it was a horrible experience. They went on and on about how everyone who does not belong to their church is going to hell. They believe that if a member of their church were to marry another person outside the church they are both going to hell including the children born in that union and the parents of the member of the church for allowing such union. There is a moment where they say a prayer in the name of the "apostle" Samuel and they began to cry loudly (both men and women) begging God to please take care of this man and his family. I found that very strange. They proclaim theirselves protestants but to me they worship this "apostle" as much as the catholics worship the virgin. The entire time I was there I felt attacked and humiliated because to them I was "worldly" I did not feel the presence of God only the presence of hate against people that do not belong to this church. I am no one to judge and I firmly
believe that GOD is the only one that can decide who goes to hell and who doesnt. I have been to other churches including baptist, methodist, and church of Christ and I enjoyed all of them because their message was beautiful only referring to the Father and Jesus not self-proclaimed "apostles" or saints. This is MY opinion based on my experience.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The iglesia La luz del Mundo is nothing more than a sect, they deny the preexistence of Jesus. deny that Jesus is God, and the believe there is no salvation unless there is a God-sent, so basically sinde the dead of the last apostle of the first century, there was no salvation until 1926, when God called on Eusebio Joaquin(the one who founded this bu$ine$$)

The reason why they build this kind of temples, is just to call the attention of people, so that people could acknowledge that there is something called Iglesia La Luz del Mundo, if they did not build such temples, then they will be like air: air exists, but no one notices air exists

also the so called, apo$tle says that : we need to live spiritually and not materially because when you die, you will take nothing with you, and at the end of the times, God will destroy everything and create everything new.. something like that

LLDM = $$$$
their apostles = Mormons
temples = Nemrod's Tower
Doctrines = Sectarian and non christian


The "apostle" $amuel Joaquin is nothing more than a deciever, who is there thanks to MONEY, CORRUPTION, AND TIES WITH POWERFUL PEOPLE OF THE GOVERNMENT... Mexico is a fertile land to cultivate dupes and the farmer is $amuel Joaquin

6:54 PM  
Blogger sherlockgirl said...

Thank you for speaking so well of our church. If you travel to see our church in L.A. or even in different parts of Mexico, you will see many as beautiful or more so than this one. Each one is built by its members with a lot of love and hard work because we believe God deserves the best we can give Him and more.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All those ppl from la luz del mundo have faith that sjf is the apostle of the lord.
Its not a fact,its all based on faith!
So its kinda dum just like catholics believe jesus was born on christmas bt truth is no one knows when he was born.
So its pretty dum when the ppl from la luz del mundo say they live and go by what the bible says..it clearly doesn't say sjf nd his dad aaron are his apostles!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told that my dad was burning in hell by his mother or my grandma because he wasn't apart of La Luz Del Mundo. And she keeps telling me she prays every day for my salvation and tells me I have an eternity of damnation waiting for me if I don't worship the "true" church. In fact. The drama that this church caused my family made me disbelieve that there was a god in general. So to all you members that have commented on this. Your all hypocritical in every form and fashion.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics! I was always curious about that gaudy building that reminds me of Las Vegas. They believe that their leader is "an apostle of God?!"…very funny. Its also very funny that they seperate the men and the women during services and the women are not allowed to wear makeup or pants…again…silly men with their silly rules.

12:51 PM  
Blogger J.J. Martinez said...

I am part of it, and I have seen the inside,very majestic, I might say.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the post was an analysis of the structure. Let's leave it at that. Don't judge something if you don't know the details and assumptions are made from not knowing everything. With that said, get over yourselves and just accept the post for the pictures.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im a member of lldm and can say for a fact that the accusations made about samuel joaquin are false!! my mom was in the servant of gods house during the yrs 1980 81 82 and she was 17!!! nothing happened to her or other youth members who were younger!!! the servant of god kept his distance and was always with his wife and grown men who are pastors!! its amazing the lies made up by moises padilla and others!!! my mother even spoke to the apostle samuel!! lol its funny for me to see how people dont take the time to get to know our beliefs. if anyone has questions or wants to debate feel free to do so!!!! im happy to debate at any time. god bless u all!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I say first, I am a member of this church, it is not a cult, it is a religion and a beautiful pathway, I have never felt more peace and tranquility, before this church, God, and the Apostle of God entered my heart, honestly. The songs from the hymn book relating to the Apostle of God, are not under the label of Worship, but under Election, which basically speaks of his teachings. Yes some are under Honor, but the Pastors teach us that we are not allowed to Worship him, because he has said it before that only the Almighty is worthy of Worship. When we say he is the Angel of God, it's because that's the title God himself has given him, in one of his many revaluations. The accusations of "rape" are false, my grandmother studied english in Guadalajara with him, when the brother Aaron was around, and he is the most loving and caring man there is. It truly breaks my heart to hear ignorant people that speak bad about him. I truly hope God helps you people that just think horrible about us and about the Apostle.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a CULT or the closest thing to a cutlt. I was forced to go to this church from ages 7-17. We had to go to church every single day somtimes as much as 3 times a day. 5 am, 9am on Saturdays, and everyday at 6 pm. Most of the members were born in church and don't know anything different. Poople whe go to church everyday of their lives are brain washed from hearing the same thing over and over again. In my 10 years experience, we were not allowed to visit another church, not allowed to watch the news or any T.V. to avoid knowing what the controversies were about, when the leader was accused of rape. We sold most of our personal belongings to "donate money" to the curch, when our valuables were all sold, we were selling roses, or chocolates, or having car washes to raise money for the church. I spent most of my school nights selling roses in front of grocery stores instead of doing my homework. At age 14 the preachers wife told my mother to take me out of school because she "would rather see me in church than be a lawyer who would leave church" and therefore burn in hell. I sometimes visit the church to see my old friends, and every time I go, they are asking the members for more money, to give the leader a "gift" as if he needs another new car or new house. They say if you have pre marital sex that your first born will burn in hell unless the baby reaches age 14 and gets babtized. They say if you have pre marital sex with another member from church, then you are automatically married to eachoter in the eyes of god. I've seen countless 14, 15, and 16 year olds marry because of a moment of weakness and have babies that are born. Women are not allowed to wear make up or jewlery, yet the leader's wife wears both! I just feel so sorry for the members who spend everyday listening to all the lies and false preaching, I feel sorry for them because they give so much money to the leader. Most of the members I know are poor and live in poverty, yet they work so hard to donate as much money as they can to their great leader. Its so sad.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am member of la luz del mundo. We are not obligated to do nothing at all or to remanin in this church if we do not wish to. I was born in this church and have been in it for many many years. We do not live in ratholes!!My family has a very nice home we own three cars and have nice clothing!We all have everything we want. Do we give money to our church, yes we do but no by obligation. They do not tell teenage kids to quit school, just the opposite. We have gatherings to help teenagers finish high school and go on to college. Everything done in our chuch is volutarly. The pictures are amazing, I am very starstruck by them great job!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

May the Peace of The Lord be with you all,
First of all, I would like to say that I am a member of The Light of The World Church. As I was reading the negative comments I felt a sadness in my heart to see how quickly some people believe the ignorant, and are blinded by what others, or other sources have told them about the church; How quick they are to judge, and spew their accusations. Please, I invite all those who have questions, or were troubled by what they read to visit one of our churches, and we will gladly answer any questions that you may have.
We DO NOT WORSHIP the Apostle Samuel, we HONOR him, there's a difference, look it up in the dictionary if you don't know. We are taught to give the glory and adoration to God only, for it is only Him and noone else. Please stop comparing us to catholics who pray to idols. When we pray FOR the Apostle, we pray TO God.
I am NOT poor and my clothes don't have holes, exept for my favorite pair of blue socks. I don't live in a rathole either, my home is very suitable. And I may not be the richest person in the world,but I give thanks to God for what He has blessed me with. When I CAN, and have the means to, I happily tithe. I am NEVER FORCED to, it is all conformed to the heart of the brother or sister how much they want to give or if they even want to. So again, please don't mislead people and say that the church and the Apostle are money/power hungry. In fact, you could'nt be more wrong, the Apostle never asks us for money, if we give it is because we feel it in our hearts to do so. Stop talking about things that you know nothing about, or in some cases "thought" you knew about. Thank you.
We are NOT A CULT, please if you have it your mind that we are I strongly implore you to just visit one of our churches so you can see how foolish that accusation is. KKK is a cult, we are not, so stop degrading us by stooping so low as to compare us with people like that. I won't say anymore on this subject because it's pointless for me to do so. If someone has their mind set so strongly on something or someone then noone can change them, only God.
Furthermore, the sisters of the church don't wear pants because the bible clearly says that women shall not dress like men. Another reason is because we are taught to have respect and honesty for our bodies. And if anyone has questions on why we wear a veil in church you should read 1 Corinthians 11: 1-16. We also don't wear makeup because God made us how he wanted us to be, so we should be happy and grateful that we are even alive, and should'nt be so vain unto ourselfs, but should love ourselves just as we are. And to the person who said, "silly men and their silly ideas...", all I have to say to you is please don't speak and judge that of which you know NOTHING about. I am a sister in this church, and I can testify firsthand that you have strongly been misled to believe that. Me being here and explaining/ defending my belief is testimony of that. I like my rights too just so you know.
For the ones who were ex-members of the church, I'm sorry that you feel that way. Even though you talked badly of the church and of the Apostle, even when I felt my anger rise to read the accusations that you spewed against the church, you, the ones who knew the truth and turned away, I'll sincerly pray for all of you. If you had the chance to get babtized in the church, don't forget the promise you made to God that day, and permit a brother or a sister to help you find your way back. May God have mercy on your souls.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

(Leah continued)
Lastly, it did make me content to read the brothers' responses to the negative comments. We must always remember though to speak with wisdom and with the fear of God in our hearts. If anyone has any questions about the church, again I ask that you visit one of our churches, your always more than welcome. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone in any way, but you must understand that as a member of
The Light of The World it is my obligation to correct, help, explain, and defend the Doctrine. And for those who do not believe that Samuel Juaquin Flores is the one that God has sent to bring the message of salvation to our souls, if you do not believe that he is an Apostle of God, then IF TO YOU HE IS NOT, TO US HE SURLEY IS AN AUTHENTIC APOSTLE OF THE LORD, NOT OF MAN, NOR THROUGH MAN, BUT BECAUSE OF THE WILL OF GOD.

May The Lord Bless you and Keep you in his Holy love. God Bless :)

P.s. - Lovley pictures, I know brothers from Houston who go there, and have been there many times myself. It truly is beautiful, and your pictures are great! Amazing what can happen when people become united in their faith to make a temple for God. God Bless You Robert (:

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I'm very surprised how many church members are defending their church without bringing up scripture. You would think that if salvation can only be obtained through the apostle of god they would use the Bible to show it. This is what tipped me off that lldm is in fact a cult. The members are not encouraged to study the Bible out side of their teaching. The idea that we can never really know God or become like him in this world is an old one. This is in fact false. We can know God and scripture encourages to know him more (Colosenes 1:9-10). Ephesians 5:1-2 & Philippians 2:1-18 reminds up to imitate Christ in his actions and attitude.

If after reading these scriptures you can't see that all of us believers and followers of Jesus Christ are men and women of God and that he has called all of us to be changed into his likeness (not just one man). That we are all called children of God. If you still need to believe that you need an "apostle" to know God and to receive salvation, I'm very sorry but you are in a cult. I will finish with on scripture.

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The followers don't quote the bible because according to their apostle, the bible is just a guide written by men. They are taught that the apostle's words are the truth. I should know, I have lots of relatives that belong to La Luz Del Mundo, and that's the response they give my father when he tries to argue their religion against what the bible says. They're sad because according to them, we won't go to heaven since we deny their holy apostle. I pity them back.

This is how blindly they are willing to follow him, anytime we have a family gathering, or party if you will, they have to ask permission from the church to attend, if the church says no, then they don't come, because to go against the apostles' church representative's advice means loosing their salvation.

And yes, the church is big on money, my relatives are always broke because most of what they earn goes to the church. If that's not a cult, then I don't know what it should be called. Also, it's useless to argue with them, they're right and we're all dammed and going to hell. That is their strongest belief.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous maria said...

I forgot to mentioned very beautiful pictures of the church'

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose we are somewhat of a cult. But then again Jesus and his followers were also just a cult.
Its true that there are some hypocrites here, but pay no heed to them. They are not a representation of what is taught in LLDM.
Its also true that whenever I hear the blatant lies made on this church it makes me upset.
But as is taught in this church, Jesus kept silent when he was accused of his crimes and so therefore so will I.
My name is Ariel Marquez
and I am a proud member of La Luz del Mundo.
imperfect yes, just like every other human

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i think this is not a good religion to much crying, they ask for money every time u go, and u have to go Monday to Sunday, is to much, i been there to see how they preach but i don't feel nothing and don't understand the only thing i see people been not lead the right way so to me is a cult. I just hope one day they will know God which will help them live the right way..

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is we don't worship him! We honor what God has made him & if you don't believe in our teachings go on with your life. But know this we'll all pay the price in judgement day & when you don't hear your name don't ask Jesus why ... May God help & bless your poor heart!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Love theses Photos. It truly is beutiful. I would pass thru here everyday on my way to work and would sometimes see theses people working in the rain, heat, cold. It was amazing to see. I read some of theses comments before visiting since and I was hesitant but decided to go anyway. I stoped by one day and I didnt feel like it was a cult. They did speak of their apostle but I never saw a picture of him hanging on the wall and people kneeling before it.So when some people said they worshiped him like the catholics i didnt see the comparison. I do remeber they prayed for him and wished him good health. What I saw was everyone being respectful inside the women sat on one side and the men on the other. I thought it was great because everything was silent and it made it easier for me to hear what the man was saying. in other religions Ive been too everone is talking while the preacher talks and its annoying because there is no respect. I didnt see poor people there either they were nicely dressed. When giving offering they sang and the man speaking spoke about a debt to the bank that was pending. So I understand if the members have to work hard and pay back their loan. The temple is beutiful and worth every penny I think. I made a small donation while there and it came from my heart. Sorry to all those people who had bad experiences but I enjoyed my visit. The doctrine seems a bit strict but everthing the man spoke about was backed up with a vurse (not sure if thats how you spell it)from the bible. So maybe what they preach is not so bad even if it is strict. God bless all of you. even those who think bad of this religion (not cult in my opinion) people are just scared of the unknown. I would like to visit again since I do have so many questions but I wont know the answer unless I ask right? Ciao

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thtee pictures you took was really nice I liked them ! Also to all people who say bad things about this church I must ask this why ? Why do you say bad thing about the light of the world ? You hear in the news that one church did this or rape , suicide in one but you don't talk about those I am 14 yrs old and I am a member of this beautiful church and I have to say this never once my family had to suffer god always helps my family also we don't force our members to pay or give money if you want you can that's why they call. It ofrenda . But we respect other people beliefs and don't critique anyone and if you give respect , you get respect back but most don't acknowledge that . Yes we talk to you about our church and invite you to join but we don't force anyone to attend . Also we respect others we won't force you to believe or come and if you were to come and had any question we would be glad to answer them . Also please understand we are also humans and we are imperfect like any other person in this world , we comet mistakes but we try not comet them again but I must say my experience my family has never suffered God has always blessed us , I live in a home with beds , electricity , water and I have good clothes . Also I am a member and I am happy in this church I have seen gods blessing and miracles that God has done for my family and I believe there is an apostal of god in this world that is the hermano Samuel Joaquin Flores . Also please there is a saying that many of you know if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything . And ask your self this what has this church done to you and what harm personally to you ? I hope god forgives you all who say bad things and god bless you all . I don't want to fight I only want peace and if you have any other thoughts against our church please keep them to yourself . Thank you and I invite you to visit our church and god bless you all

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im a member of this wonderful church!
1- we dont worship him we HONOR him
2-we r not obligated to do things we dont want to
3-dont talk if you dont know
ive been in this churh ever sense i turned 6-15 and ive been happy i have peace in my heart i have nice cloth nd a house nd cars (me nd my whole family)
Anyways god bless you nd have mercy of u!!(:

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No todo lo que brilla es oro,
Mateo 7:22-23 Muchos me diran en aquel dia:Senor, Senor, no profetizamos en tu nombre, y en tu nombre echamos fuera demonios, y en tu nombre hicimos muchos milagros? Y entones les declarare: Nunca os conoci; apartaos de mi hacedores de maldad.Toda la Gloria es para el Senor Jesucristo que el senor tenga misericordia de esta secta satanica llamada la luz del mundo.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wealthy, I have many cars, I have more than enough money, I have a happy family, I was not born in this church but converted after the age off 19
I attended several churches and through my discovery and research of the Scriptures and the Church. This is the TRUE Church of God. Whosoever believes, do so. As for those who do not. No one forces you to.
I have a Ph.D in Religion, Philosophy, and Theology. I am not ignorant and I do know what I speak, but once again this is by Faith, as I do not believe in the Catholic Doctrine others do not believe in this doctrine. We do not attack you or force anything upon you. It is all Your choice.
God Bless All!
whether it may be from the church or not.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm!! so after Samuel dies? Let me guess! His son will take over as the new man of God right? Kinda like royalty does?

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"His son had a horrible accident I don't see him working any miracles on him" Its absolutely Funny he lived that "horrible" accident . Thank you very much and for you getting sexually abused I'm really sorry I did too when I was five. But my parents don't know I'm 15 now they still don't know but god knows and he helps me in my tough times.
#LLDM for Life -SJF <3 May god bless you .

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today,12/05/2012,I had my first encounter with a member of this organization LLDM. Within 30 seconds of speaking with her, God revealed to me that this was indeed a cult and the people reverence its leader, Samuel. To say we don't worship him, we honor and respect him is quite absurd. The words are interchangeable; they are synonyms meaning exactly the same thing.
To claim that this is the only true church and Samuel is the true leader of it is the same as every other cult. The people are brainwashed, deceived, into believing his teachings, voluntary or not (John 8:44). The Devil is the father of lies and he transforms himself into an angel of light (II Cor. 11:13-15)
You cannot just say a prayer and expect God to reveal to you whether you should join a congregation and wait for a sign that will appeal to your senses. We are given a more sure Word of prophecy, The Bible. The reason these people accept the teachings is because they are ignorant of God's Word and probably don't know God at all. It takes more than mental assent to convert the heart. Noone who knows God's Word would go to LLDM. It only takes a few seconds to figure it out; it does'nt take years if you know the Word. Unfortunately for those who don't know the Word, it could take years of deception before a flicker of light begins to reveal the darkness which has consumed one's life. Stop wasting your life.
To state that the church disappeared and God revived it through Aaron disagrees with scripture. The scripture states in Matt. 16:18 concerning the church, ".... the gates of hell will not prevail against it." God has always preserved a remnant for himself and they are the ones who have been stewards of reproducing the manuscripts. The JW's and Mormons claim the same thing, that they restored the truth and they are the true church. All you have to do to start a cult is to study those in existence and imitate them. That is what Samuel and Aaron have done. Their people would be wise to do just that; study.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth." The Word is the Bible, which was translated and meticulously copied by believers in Jesus down through the centuries. Jesus church has always been here and His Word is not given solely by the interpretation of one prophet (II Peter 1:19-21). Holy men of God exist today who carry on the legacy, but Samuel is definitely not one of them. He is a false apostle who gains his power from Satan and the unlearned in the scriptures.

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have to go to know it's a cult. I know my Bible. It's a cult and it only requires one minute of listening to one of its members to figure this out. Please try to learn about your purchase before you buy it. You aren't the first one to be taken in by a two bit con artist. Jesus loves you anyway. But please learn what a cult is and what the Word of God says or you will never be able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Peter Parker said...

That is indeed a very beautiful church. However, it is sad to see all those intolerant comments categorizing the group as a cult. Why can't we all get along?

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

El punto de un escritor acerca de sucesion apostolico es que Dios no practica tal cosa, sino que un emperador lo hace. Su estrucura es como lo hace el mundo y no el reino de Dios. No hay ningun apostol que guia a la iglesia ahora en dia y nunca habra uno. Ahora tenemos El Verbo de Dios (la palabra-hebreos 4:12)y no tenemos ninguna necesidad que un hombre nos ensena (1 Juan 2:27). Pertenecer en un culto o religion falsa le da a uno un sentimiento de importancia falsa; que uno tiene mas valor que los otros o un conocimiento especial. Jesus no es esclusivo sino inclusivo (Juan 3:16)". . . . a todos los que creen (en El Hijo de Dios) no se pierden mas tengan la vida eterna. Jesucristo es El Hijo de Dios, no Samuel. Conoced a la Biblia y a Dios. No desamparad la verdadera doctrina que nunca ha desaparecida de la tierra (Matthew 16:18)La razon que experimentan un sentimiento rebozante es que el senor de los emociones el el dios de este mundo. No operamos por experiencia sino por la palabra de Dios. Sed Bereanos, estudian la palabra a reconocer si lo que les ensenan es segun la verdad. No sigan al hombre o sus sentimientos malguiados; sino sigan al Dios Vivo quien es bendito por todos los siglos. Amen

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliscidadez!!! Hermosas Fotos!!!!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^Yes Of course Samuels Son is the Next "Apostle", what a "COINCIDENCE" Right??? Ya Right!!! Of course a blood line relative has to take over as "Apostle"! To Cash In within the "Royalty Family Business"!

First Of All the the Original so called "Apostle" was born, Eusebio Joaquin" he was a MEXICAN MILITARY SOLDIER!!! That served in the Mexican Revolutionary War!! After the war, The Poor Guy probably suffered from "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"! And No One helped him!
After the War he began serving two preachers in his Hometown. He obviously became Obsessed with a "Power Trip" and looked to become a preacher himself so that people can "serve" him, too!
He then changed his Name to "Aaron Joaquin Gonzalez"! For What Purpose?? Who Does that??? A Brain Washing Psycho!!! That's who! LLDM was founded in 1927?? My Grandfather is Older than this organization!
So, He Dies in 1964 & his Son takes over as the "Chosen One" Apostle!
Wow Really?? God called upon Samuel, too?? and of course every Next "Male" blood relative that comes after Him? Hmmmm.
Samuel has to Live in $$$$$$Million Dollar Mansions??
Samuels Pictures have to be displayed inside the churches??
Samuels Pictures have to be Displayed in the Members Homes??
You have to go "through" Samuel to get to God??
Samuel gets mobbed by crowds of members during in his prescense, Yet they Do Not Worship Him! They Only Go Balistic when they see him!! Nobody sees Anything Wrong with this??

It Only Amazes me how "One" Person can have total Mind Control over Millions of people! Just in the same way Hitler, North Korea, Castro in Cuba, etc. Control people!

Why would anyone in their Right Mind Immediately "Honor" a person that "Claims" to be an Apostle?? With No Proof! Just because he says he can Speak Directly with God?
Anyone of us can speak directly with God through Jesus, ONLY! Not Some random PTSD soldier made all this up in his Head!

End Note: The Mind is a Very Powerful thing people, Be careful how you use it & God Bless Us All!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Church Was Founded In Mexico! Yet, it is "Greek Inspired" Architecture?? Makes No Sense, Exactly why they don't get any Respect! They have No Roots, history, or Culture. Just copy cats that take a little from any other Culture they like is Ridiculous.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do thank you for taking the pictures of the Temple. I am a proud member of the church La Luz Del Mundo since I was 18. I am now 48 years old. I feel sad that there are people that really don't get close to God. If you really come to visit our church with good intentions God will Bless your soul and you will feel the peace of the Lord. I did not get a chance to read all the comments but I did see some evil in some postings. I was educated in school and home not to speak bad of people. Even more in church we should not speak bad of others because it shows what it is in your heart. I am not rich but i work very hard therefore I can afford a nice house, car and clothes. I give my share to the church because I feel it in my heart and God will Bless me for that. We are invited to do offering for various things, building bank loan, light and water. I think no church is supported by strangers nor the government therefore I am happy to do my share. The Apostle of the Lord has never asked anything from me, I like every opportunity given to send a small token of gratitude for everything he has done for us. I never seen any children in our church so poor that they don't shoes, God has always provided. Love and Faith is very important. May God Bless You.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a proud member of LA LUZ DEL MUNDO and all I got to say is there will always be people contrary to our believes who will attack us and insult us but all I got to say and I'm sure I speak for my brothers/sisters in faith when I say may the LORD BLESS YOU and GOD willing maybe one day you'll see the truth.i wish you all the best and to my brothers/sisters may the LORDS PEACE BE WITH YOU AND GOD BLESS.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Las raices de mi familia son Catholicas, pero pasaron por un mal tiempo, miembros de LLDM les ofrecieron ayuda y se conbirtieron.Nadie fuerza a los mienbros de la LLDM a dar el diesno (10% de tu salario) por k en la biblia esta lo del cesar al cesar y lo de Dios a Dios pues no estoy segura pero creo k se refiere al 10%, y pues todos dan,dependiendo de su salario cada domingo, y a los jovenes los bautisan a los 14 anos y ya cuentas como adulto,(y se pueden casar) si hay una coperacion y hay dos adolecentes en la familia mas los dos padres les toca dar todo el dinero a los padres,(pobres padres) si no es k los adolecentes trabajan.( y el dinero se da con mucha fe y amor y mas si es para algo k se le kiere comprar al Apostol de Dios SAMUEL. PUES LES METEN EN LA CABEZA K ES UNA BENDICION PODER COPERAR PARA DARLE ALGO A EL por k asi estan entrenados a no protestar) y seguido t recuerdan k lo k le des a DIOS ,el t lo va a reponer 100% mas, y esta en la biblia y de eso se agarran para todos los donativos. Si t duele darle a Dios a si el t va a dar cuando estemos con el alla en el Cielo. Asi k uno se esmera en dar los mas posible para recibir grandes bendiciones y agradar a Dios. Y es de esa manera como estamos comprados el cielo y nuestra salvacion. Usan el nombre de Dios para lucrarse.Y tambien hacen competencia entre ellos mismos el pastor les dice (hermanos los de lacolonia fulana an colectado 3veces mas k nosotros parece k ellos tienes mas amor a Dios k nosotros k va a decir el Apostol de Dios cuando vea la miseria k juntamos va a decir k somos meskinos (les gusta mucho esa palabra) se va a poner triste va a pensar k tiene k pedir mas a DIOS POR NOSOTROS por k nuestra fe no es tan grande, eso kieren hermanos ? darle preocupaciones al Apostol de Dios? y asi hasta k ellos piensan k fue suficiente. Pero no hay problema el dador estoy segura k se va a salvar por k lo k da lo da con fe, el k no se va a ssalvar es el k usa la Fe para enganar. Solo tenemos k creer en Dios y en su hijo JESUS para la salbcion y yo creo. No importa la religion pues cada kien entiende la BIBLIA diferente. Los de LLDM creen k solo ellos y los Judios aunque K no HAN ACEPTADO A Jesus, se van a salvar. ??? Bueno pues k todos nos salvemos. Los mandamientos son claros y Jesus nos dijo, amar a tu projimo como a ti mismo. Los miembros de LLDM creen k si no perteneses a su congragacion no tienes k ayudar o amar a ningun GENTIL, COMO LE LLAMAN A LOS NO MIEMBROS DE SU RELIGION. El Dios en el k yo creo es un Dios de Amor k murio por todos nosotros, en realidad no creo k desampare a ninguno sea de la relijion k sea siendo k todos lo amomos y el afan de cada Alma es de agradarle, y si los ministros usan la fe de las almas para agarar dinero pues son ellos los k no se salvaran, por k si estamos en la religion ekibocada oh no, estamos en ella por Dios para agradarle y un dia poder estar con el y disfrutar de su gloria. MI Dios de Amor no va a decir ( tu vete por k eres testigo o catolico etc. por k todos, todos le kisieron agradar yo pienso k Dios los abrasara y les dira ven hijo mio y tal vez nos mirara con compasion, por k tal vez en la vida los llamados enviados de Dios jugaron con nuestra fe. Pero lo k Dios mirara es k todo se dio por su Amor. y si hemos vivido enganados Dios lo sabe y no nos maldecira por ello, maldecira a los enganadores. Asi k hay k Amar a Dios y a seguir su papabla Amornos los unos a los otros, seguir los mandamientos, y nunca nunca dudar de su poder. No amor solo a Samuel no esta bien.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you read Acts 13-47 the lord tald apostle Paul that he was salvation for man

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acts 13-47 Apostle Paul,he was light and salvation but was rejected by many 1Cor. 9-2 same thing is happening today with a true Apostol of God
He is one of those Christ told us God would be sending, Luc.11-49 and also said they wuold kill them an said bad things about them exacly like they did with him.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read almost every comment. I attend lldm but not a member. If something i have learned is that we cannot change peoples FAITH. It is impossible. So instead of talking about SJF. Try to focus on the bible. There is no need to judge. GOD will set us free, how? With the truth. So i strongly recomend to bring biblical themes. Instead of judging anyone. God will pay us according to our works and lifestyle. God will eventually remove the fold from eyes. God bless josh

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a member of La Luz del Mundo. In fact, I just stumbled upon this blog. It amazes me how so many people can say these people are wrong, as if they are the Lord themselves. I am happy to see these people are happy and worship something other than men.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM A MEMBER OF THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD CHURCH HERE IN MAUI HAWAII. LET ME SAY FIRST OF ALL THAT THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE.THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING IT.EVERYONE CAN BELIEVE IN WHATEVER THEY WANT TO. ITS A FREE COUNTRY. THERE IS STILL ONLY ONE GOD,ONE CHURCH, ONE ELECT AND ONE BAPTISM.
I TRULY BELIEVE THAT IN THE END,WE WILL ALL RETURN TO OUR CREATOR.WE WILL ALL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS.

SO IF THE CHURCH IS BLESSED,WE KNOW THAT GOD IS BEHIND IT..BUT IF IT IS NOT,IT WILL COME TO NOTHING.AND WITH THIS THOUGHT IN MIND,I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM PART OF THIS BLESSED CHURCH.GOD BLESS YOU ALL.....

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really pretty pictures. (:
First, I am a teen member of the church. Let me tell you something. This church is NOT A CULT. I love this church! I can come any day to confide in God. We are NOT FORCED to do anything! We don't have to go to church everyday, or give money, or wear skirts. The apostle of God has NEVER asked us for money! But do we want the apostle of God in rags with no place to sleep? EXACTLY. It comes from our heart! & for you people that say we are brainwashed: how are you much better? You probably think you are much more superior because you sin and dont care. I am not in the church because I have to! My parents are letting me decide if I want to stay or not. Some of my uncles have left and my family still talks to them! We dont force them at all to become part of the church. We also dont dress in "rags". OH PLEASE! You act as if we are SOOO poor and stupid. My dad has went to college, has money, buys us many clothes, we attend a very good school & he has a great job. We live in a better area than where the church is but we come about 3-4 times a week to church. We drive about 30 minutes everytime to go to church. & you people act as if we want to go out and drink & party. Well we dont. It's sad to see adults calling our religioun a cult when you people are too ignorant to see that we are happy people that love God.I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT I AM A MEMBER OF THIS CHURCH! I am also very sorry for the ex-members that left. No not pity, I am just sorry that you left from hurt, anger or sadness. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

peace of the Lord my brothers and sisters! Hello others I am a member of the light of the world and I have married into it. I was not raised into no church or to show me the way of God I just knew that there was a god.it took me a long time to understand and open my heart and believe in the Apostle of Jesus Christ. I wasn't understanding why my heart will not open. In 2003 they had a celebration for him in Los Angeles he has a ranch there and we all had tent set up from each 1 of the churches.the Apostle passed by our tent at that time I belong to Stockton church. I just started crying something came over me something so strong I got the goosebumps all over my body I knew then that the Apostle of God was sure the man that he says he is.why does people care about the way people others want to live there lifes God has put us here all on earth for a reason so just bring peace leave others alone. And just hope that someday that you will open your eyes & feel the love & peace of the light of the world.we are united God bless

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!...This generation its da same way when moises was here...there were severals who didn't want to be on his side with God...until they cross the ocean and died.....We are now here in this century and the same way,there are people not wanted to belie that God has sent his Apostle to Guide Us....Jesus is coming soon, And Severals will see that With God,nobody can go to heaven,Only those who had believe the only truth.....

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, iam a member of IGLESIA LA LUZ DEL MUNDO most people dont know about our church cuz they are catholic very few people believe in the guy we honor which is SAMUEL JOAQUIN FLORES apostle of god the reason we honor hi, itz cuz heis reason why god hears our prayers. if samuel joaquin was not an apostle their would be NO point in going to church god would listen but he will not respond


3:53 PM  
Blogger Ariel Marquez said...

All I ask is no blatant insults to our beliefs.

Well actually no insults at all.
If you believe we are wrong in our belief then do so in a Respectful and Civil manner and we( at least I will) treat you exactly in the same fashion.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La Luz del Mundo is a perfect example of a cult. You are asked to believe in their leader as the only way to reach salvation and without him, God has no mercy of your soul. Also, you are not allowed to think otherwise or else you are used by the devil. Their whole objective for members is not to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ but, to belive that their leader is the only man sent from God to save humanity and dispise everyone who questions or denies this belief. Poor ignorant people!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"After the war, The Poor Guy probably suffered from "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder"!"

Can you prove any of this, or is it something you "made up in your head"? Who does that???

I would also like to add to the person speaking about the allegations made to the Servant of God, that the State department investigated and found that the claims were simply "unfounded". Don't believe everything you see online, there are real evil people which Satan works through.

For example, the guy I first replied to, what an egomaniac spreading lies that he probably dug up on some blog. My advice to him is to be careful what you read, 'the mind is a powerful thing.'

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a proud member of the Light Of The World Church in Tucson, AZ and I am only 13. I read these comments and they truly sadden my heart. I know previous members have said that we don't worship the Apostle of God yet honor him but people reply that they mean the same thing or that we are lying. Honor and worship do not mean the same thing. We worship God and Jesuschrist only. It says in the Bible itself that we should only worship God Exodus 34:14. And we do not go ballistic when we see him yet we feel joy and happiness for he is an apostle just like the previous apostles for when followers saw Apostle John or Apostle Peter they felt joy and happiness. And our Apostle does not care about money or riches but for the salvation of humanity. Watch out for what you say because in the time of Jesus the Church of Christ was persecuted and it says in the Bible that the Church of Christ shall be persecuted again near the end times. We are persecuted again and again but it will only get worse. Have faith brothers and sisters.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romans 1:5, 1 Corinthians 12:28, 1 Corinthians 7:2, for the honor and the Glory of the Lord Jesus Christ

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mathew 22:14, for the honor and the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am rather impressed with your historical facts about LLDM and our Doctine, it is quite flattering that you would spend time to get to know us. I would like to make 2 corrections how ever. 1) We are NOTHING like roman catholics; we do not have various idols in our church; nor do we CHOOSE who are next spiritual leader is. 2) We do not declare that our faith is "not Jesus Christ, but Samuel Joaquin." When We our baptized the first thing they ask is if we believe that JESUS CHRIST is our LORD and ONLY SAVIOR. Then they ask us if we believe that Samuel Joaquin Flores is an APOSTOL of JESUS CHRIST (it even says it on the seal, 6th picture down). It is understandable for you to have doubts or disbeliefs about our doctrine, and you're intitled to YOUR opinion, however they are YOUR opinion and YOURS ALONE, please do not act as a muckracker and slander our church with FALSEFIED infrormation that is based more on personel biast opinion then concrete evidence. God bless you

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glory to god
god bless the servant of god
Samuel Joaquin Flores

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Samuel Joaquin Flores be not an apostle unto others, without a doubt he is to me. For the seal of his apostleship are his believers in the Lord.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Mari O said...

I am the light of the world said crist and who ever that race,color that came to me WILL have forgiveness but ,today like the time of the king David how are these dogs! That bark to my lord!!! I am Rafael Rivera and I believe in god and how god said who is not with me is aginst me !!!And who are children of the devil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!And I hope some day god will let me get all the devil's kids and get them off land and take them to the eternal fire !

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no God. The purpose of life is to reproduce and pass on your genetic traits onto your offspring.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do idolatrize him, you said it yourself. No other than Jesus Christ can grant yoy salvation. Find yourself a church not a sect.

3:16 AM  
Anonymous hermana toni de ky said...

Amen may god bless you

9:16 PM  
Blogger Luisa More said...

Feeling blessed that through Gods grace I belong to a church over 2000 years old which was founded by Christ on Peter the rock! And no it's not lldm. Google or research first Christian church and you will know what faith I speak of. God loves all of us so dearly! We are no one to say who's going to hell and who isn't trust in his mercy and pray for the Holy Spirit to bring you to the fullness of the truth! GOD LOVEs YOU!!! Nice pics!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Scott Ogle said...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/208455218/Fathers-Sins

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people of LA LUZ DEL MUNDO don't worship the Apostle of God. They give him Honor. What's the difference? Honor is a regard with great respect. Worship is the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity. The members of the church honor the Apostle of God and the worship goes only to God. And they do this in every part of the world that is a follower so don't go around saying things that you don't know 100%.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Scott Ogle said...

My office and a few colleagues are interested in assistance in the arrangement of an informal discussion with a media producer/staff with invitations to La Luz Del Mundo CHURCH ministers, in particular Apostle Samuel J Flores and Pastor Carlos "Bennie" Montemayor, related to allegations of organized criminal activity associated with what some authorities call a cult located in almost every state and 48 countries, including New York.

With only months left before the expected demise of the current leader, Samuel Joaquin Flores, there are growing concerns over the future of the church, along with God's much anticipated appointment of His fifteenth Apostle, and the third choice from the Mexican Flores family. While Flores' and Montemayor's acceptance of a public discussion may be in doubt, they and several others within LLDM deserve the recognition and public exposure.

A recent U.S. Federal District Court Deportation hearing transcript (see link below) reveals La Luz Del Mundo CHURCH supplied falsified U.S. immigration documents for members travelling to its Guadalajara Church Capital's "Lord's Supper". Annual attendance and donations are required for church followers while LLDM leader Samuel Joaquin Flores and family own houses in Beverly Hills, and worldwide. In Seguin, Texas, the church purchased a 232 acre ranch in 1999, and later individually transferred title to six of Samuel's nine children.

The church has spread to nearly every state and is reportedly involved in human trafficking, sexual molestation of its members' children, fraudulent real estate transfers, money laundering, along with reported "wife swapping" in some California chapters. The current leader Samuel and his father enjoy the title "Apostles" ending a 2000 year void from God's first twelve. Joaquin's son, Uzziel, is expected to soon become God's 15th Apostleship appointment due to Samuel's terminal health condition.

Enforcement of the church's practices has been hampered for years due to lack of state and federal funding, few victims willing to speak out, repercussions by the church itself, along with PRI political party favoritism LLDM enjoys in its native Mexico.

Please encourage whoever is in charge for additional funding to the FBI and DHS for investigation of this organized religious criminal syndicate.

http://www.exlldm.com/

https://www.facebook.com/laluzdelmundosurvivorsupportgroup

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0aDhUa0locVRoanc/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0V0JzWjR1VFpnZnM/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0RlItUk9QTzJ4cWs/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0V0NLNXRfOThfMEE/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0RjI0TU1fY3pXZWM/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0NC1IRkFCeEFObk0/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0TzI2bnJTSlRzaU0/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0bU91dUNQUzA0Ym8/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0VWJzWFJXYnhCa0E/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0em5qdDBwa18yWnM/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0MDFWZ04wX2I5U0k/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0Wk0ySlJUaGs2Qkk/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0R1ZUSlFDMFd4YlU/edit?usp=

12:08 PM  
Blogger Cortez said...

My boyfriend invited me to his church La Luz Del Mundo. And I went to see with my own eyes and hear the word of God. Yes they do pray for there Apostle first and his family. The women are seperated from the men. Women on the right side and men on the left side. I found that very interesting. Women cover there head with a Vail. My experience in attending their service was nice. My boyfriend was happy that I went. I'm Christian. And in the church I attend we don't seperate our selves. I believe in God and the only mediator between Man And God is Jesus Christ who die for our sins. My boyfriend tells me that that's how I should dress with long skirts to dress modest. Then I question him where in the bible states that women should wear long skirts?? And he stated that his Apostle has the authority to make changes and add to the bible.

1:15 PM  
Blogger eljoniz500 said...






I'm no eloquent speaker but i must say that your apostle lines up perfectly with one that has created an anti-christ cult.

2 Corinthians 11:3-14

New International Version (NIV)

3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

5 I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.”[a] 6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8 I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. 10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaiawill stop this boasting of mine. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitfulworkers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

12:54 AM  
Blogger eljoniz500 said...

Indeed there are people who will gain the world but lose their soul. For all LLDM members, not all blessings come from God, many false idols have risen with a helping hand whom is not God.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Peter Sandoval said...

I didn't get the memo from The Apostle Paul or Juan Diego or Satan that Mathew 11:27 and I Corinthians 12:28 were specifically for La Luz Del Mundo's founder. Classic example of taking two scriptures that are not related and placing an independent convenient interpretation to it. Leave that sect. That so called apostle cannot save you. The manner in which you "honor" him is excessive an d over the top. Nothing more than worship of man. Claiming to be the only church to offer salvation is another sign that you are all a sect.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Peter Sandoval said...

Stop saying "May God have mercy on your soul". How can He have mercy on us if we are not part of your church. Thus dammed TO HELL!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Scott Ogle said...

LLDM members only "honor" Samuel, rather than worship him? Then, why is it if you don't believe in Samuel, you go to hell? Sounds like worship to me.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Scott Ogle said...

LLDM’s Tax Free Charitable Status Under Scrutiny in the U.S.

A protest of an organization’s charitable status may be made in any county where the church is located, and may rise to a federal level affecting the organization’s charitable status nationwide.

> Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations.

> The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and the preventing cruelty to children or animals.

“The time for a free ride for La Luz Del Mundo is over,” Scott Ogle said. “The rest of us pay so much more in taxes because clergy pay so much less, and current “Apostle” Samual Joaquin Flores and his inner, and extended family, flaunt their individual wealth transferring property among themselves that was purchased by the church, or one of its charitable foundations. Spending tithes from church offerings for the enrichment of the Joaquin dynesty is the wrong way to conduct religion, Ogle said. Recently, Adoniram, the leader’s grandson, boasted his wealth and business ventures associated with the church “are self earned”.

> * must not operate for the benefit of private interests such as those of its founder, the founder’s family, its shareholders or persons controlled by such interests

> * must not operate for the primary purpose of conducting a trade or business that is not related to its exempt purpose, such as a school’s operation of a factory

> * may not have purposes or activities that are illegal or violate fundamental public policy.

> In addition to loss of the organization’s section 501(c)(3) exempt status, activities constituting inurement may result in the imposition of penalty excise taxes on individuals benefiting from excess benefit transactions.

> EO Abusive Tax Avoidance Transactions

> Tax-exempt organizations, by definition, are exempt from federal income tax under various provisions of the Internal Revenue Code. However, some are directly involved in Abusive Tax Avoidance Transactions (ATATs).

Ogle said "while we believe La Luz Del Mundo / Light of the World Church’s charitable status deserves investigation on both a national, and international level due to their failure to abide by the statutes associated with its 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, the vast majority of other charitable organizations are entirely legitimate and upstanding charities. However, some tax planners see the supporting organization primarily as a means by which an organization’s creator, such as the Joaquin family dynesty, can effectively operate what would ordinarily be a private foundation under the less restrictive rules applicable to public charities. Self-dealing and certain other transactions with substantial contributors to these organizations are prohibited in the private foundation context and should be enforced. All it takes is one match to start a forest fire of controversy.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Scott Ogle said...

Iglesia La Luz Del Mundo, a Mexican-based church, has been involved in human trafficking and visa fraud for years by recycling passports and visa documentation among its members- particularly in the month of August as members travel to Guadalajara for the "Lord's Supper". Because its current "Apostle" Samuel J. Flores, has terminal cancer, God is expected to transfer authority to one of Flores' sons in the unprecedented third "Apostle" appointment from the Mexican Joaquin/Flores family since the original twelve were chosen over 2000 years ago.

Naasón Joaquín García , the likely La Luz Del Mundo church successor to SJF, in part because of his light skin and commanding voice, immigrated to the U.S. by his parents fraudulently documenting his status as "a farmer" during a U.S. immigration amnesty program. Atlai, another son of "Apostle" Flores, is a U.S. citizen based upon a fraudulent U.S. birth certificate issued in California.

There is also controversy over the church's transfers of real estate from a charitable tax exempt purchase to individual children of Flores/Joaquin family..

I know that Jesus was a carpenter, but Naason, the son of "Apostle" Samuel J Flores, picking grapes is ridiculous.

https://drive.google.com/.../0Bw6lgc1KBLb0MzRoLXp.../edit...

https://drive.google.com/.../0Bw6lgc1KBLb0Wkt3cF9.../edit...

https://docs.google.com/.../0Bw6lgc1KBLb0V0JzWjR1VFp.../edit

12:39 PM  
Blogger Enoc Mendez said...

God bless SJF, I honor him not worship. If y'all don't believe in him fine, but don't talk smack on him either. You do not know him, I too am from Lldm and I know it's the only way to eternal life. Why? Because I have faith. It really saddens me to see your hateful comments, all of you out there listening to what others say about us and the servant of god. Do not believe them, come see for yourself. I invite you all to come to church and speak to us. For those of you saying that there is human trafficking and rape, I'd never give my daughter, son, my wife or anyone for money or anything but marriage if they want to get married so please. Stop spreading rumors.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Abc said...

It is not how you want to serve God, but how God wants you to serve Him! This is a temple for worshiping, and it has spiritual symbolism, not so your eyes can decieve you from what your little curiosity inspires you to think. The bible is a rule of faith and not the word of God. The word of God comes from his servants as inspired by the Apostles in the Bible.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Abc said...

It is not how you want to serve God, but how God wants you to serve Him! This is a temple for worshiping, and it has spiritual symbolism, not so your eyes can decieve you from what your little curiosity inspires you to think. The bible is a rule of faith and not the word of God. The word of God comes from his servants as inspired by the Apostles in the Bible.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Abc said...

It is not how you want to serve God, but how God wants you to serve Him! This is a temple for worshiping, and it has spiritual symbolism, not so your eyes can decieve you from what your little curiosity inspires you to think. The bible is a rule of faith and not the word of God. The word of God comes from his servants as inspired by the Apostles in the Bible.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN to that brother C.Munoz

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, and false accusations.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Scott Ogle said...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6lgc1KBLb0WE5mVW1WNUYzRlk/edit


Scott

I understand the frustration. You have to be quite daring (or "a bit crazy") to take on LLDM's mob-like leadership. You don't lack that trait and I'm sure that LLDM sees you with much concern.

You are also in a slightly different -better- position than ex-LLDM members. You are a lawyer, an American citizen and know the law. You have some financial resources. You have a lawsuit against the sect and have been a very vocal and public critic. If something happens to you, they are going to be investigated.

Moises Padilla http://articles.latimes.com/1998/mar/10/news/mn-27361/3 was once kidnapped and tortured after denouncing Apostle Samuel J. Flores. Padilla had to flee his country afterwards and was forced to live like a politically refugee in a foreign country to stay alive.

If Arellano gets thrown in jail for refusing to obey a court order to attend your deposition and speak the truth in fear of a church could cause a public outcry and media attention that LLDM has never faced before.

/Keep up the good work.

Benjamin

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=302506456601220&set=a.208892079295992.1073741827.100005256034337&type=1&theater

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/555652_4339917421903_202773734_n.jpg

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when Jesus christ left to heaven with God hes father he left the apostol to continue with hes teachings..and today he still contines to do so with the Apostol of God Samuel Joaquin Flores.. what does he teaches??? Well he teaches Us to be good cristians and good citezens everything according to the bible that is the only rule of are faith saludos desde el Este De Los Angeles beutifull templo houston :)

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home